Deck of Cards Entertainment (“DOC”) does not accept and/or review unsolicited creative material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any ideas, concepts, pitches, suggestions, stories, scripts, treatments, formats, artwork, photographs, drawings, videos, reels, audiovisual works, musical compositions (including lyrics), sound recordings, program formats, characters and/or other similar works (collectively, “Unsolicited Material”). The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when projects developed by or under the direction of DOC staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative ideas or materials.
Any Unsolicited Material sent to us by any means whatsoever will be immediately deleted, destroyed and/or returned unread at DOC’s sole discretion. Therefore, any similarity between any Unsolicited Material and any element in any DOC creative work would be purely coincidental.
If despite our requests to the contrary, you do transmit or send any Unsolicited Material to DOC, you hereby acknowledge and agree that
1) DOC assumes no obligation to treat as confidential Unsolicited Material sent to us and will not be liable for any use or disclosure;
2) the Unsolicited Material will automatically become the exclusive property of DOC;
3) DOC will have the unfettered right throughout the universe in perpetuity, without any credit, compensation, or notice to you, to use, reuse, modify, alter, display, archive, publish, license, perform, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast, post, sell, translate, create derivative works of or distribute in all media formats now known or hereafter devised for any purposes whatsoever, commercial or otherwise;
3) you hereby waive any moral rights you may have in and to any of your Unsolicited Material, even if such material is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you
4) you waive the right to make any claim against DOC, its parents or affiliates relating to or arising out of DOC’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Unsolicited Material.